Saturday, January 14, 2012

Christmas happenings...

As most of you know my family and I went to Costa Rica this Christmas. It was so much fun to reconnect with not only my cousins and Tia Gina and Tio Osman but also with my parents and siblings. We visited different places and got to see a lot of San Jose and numerous places of the outskirts of San Jose. On days that we didn't go site seeing we spent a lot of time hanging out at the house and laughing as a family. We literally were laughing the whole break. As soon as I arrived on the 24th (which is the most important day for us latinos) my uncle went out and bought fireworks so we could set them off right at midnight. I was excited to get back into the Latino tradition but since there was a 2 hour time difference and I usually go to bed at 9pm as soon as it hit 9 I was starting to feel like a zombie because back in the DR it was 11pm. Needless to say Christmas time was a blast. Once we were all together it felt like me and my cousins had never been apart and we all had things that we wanted to share.

2 weeks in Costa Rica quickly came and went and it meant that we needed to head back home. After living in a house with 11 people and a very needy dog, the idea of heading back to the DR was not necessarily the most exciting thing.

I am thankful to have had the time I had with my family and I am happy that we all have so many pictures and memories to look back at and simply smile and laugh!

Thanks Mom and Dad for such an awesome Christmas gift, of flying me down to Costa Rica!

Here are some pictures of my time there!







I forgot to mention that my cousin Paola brought her boyfriend from the
states to Costa Rica. My Dad and Uncle decided to have him fill out an
application. Just so you kinda get an idea of what kind of application it was,
at the end of the application it read "Please wait 5 to 6 years to process.
Please do not try to contact us, we will contact you" We had lots of laughs
over this.

The whole family together on new year's day.

Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas break and I hope you have all had a great start to your new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment